I’d like to thank the Academy for making this all possible…
Wait, that’s the wrong speech. Hold on a second! Let me find my flash cards.
I won the Sunshine award!
The sunshine award is to recognise “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”. What a lovely award and such a wonderful thing to be thought of. Especially at a time when I am beginning to think about my identify as a blogger (blog to follow – I’ll make sure it’s full of sunshine!), it is a big boost to know that people are not only reading but also enjoying my writing. So thank you!
I was nominated by Emmy at The Art of Making Art. Emmy writes about life as a twenty-something actor living in New York! A far cry from my life as a twenty-something organisational development professional living in Scotland but hey-ho. Some live the glamourous life on stage/camera and some have to eat their lunch in the car park of supermarkets.
Taking a page out of my fellow nominee Catching Zees’ acceptance blog (who you should also check out) Catching Zees, I took a slightly different approach than I normally take to blogging.
1. I am messy. As in shamefully messy. There are piles spawning from piles on my floor. And God knows what lives under my bed. Now that I’m moving out, I don’t have the will to clean so it has gotten worse and worse. Maybe if I ignore it, it will go away.
OR MAYBE THE MONSTER WILL COME AND GET ME!
Seriously, my mess is not for the faint hearted.
2. There are only three Drunk Jennifer settings: Dancing, Eating or wanting to do both
3. I buy classic books but never read them.
4. I still own CDs.
5. I don’t get onesies. Why does anyone need to be that cosy? And don’t you get too hot?
6. My partner and I are in love with this one Italian restaurant where we live. We eat there ALL OF THE TIME. The wait staff and chefs recognise us. We get free garlic bread every time we go. We have our own table. The head water knows what wine we order.
7. I own a picture of an elephant with a top hat and a wine glass.
8. I have a list of potential blog ideas but tend the write one I think of on the night. Planning is clearly for losers
9. I get bored VERY quickly in meetings if they wonder off topic or they don’t apply to me. Apparently, I make that very obvious to people. I don’t know how.
10. As well as elephants, I also love sloths, dolphins, manatees and whales.
My blog nominations for the sunshine award are:
Why 7 bloggers? Because I felt like it.
In order to accept the award, you have to:
1. Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
3. Post 10 interesting things about yourself.
4. Nominate some fellow deserving bloggers for the award.
5. Link your nominees in the post and let them know about their nomination with a comment.
I move into my new home this weekend so while I am planning on posting as normal, please forgive me if I don’t as I will be curled up into the fetal position and hyperventilating about the pressure of adulting!